Adjust the labels and messages on your questionnaire to personalize it, change the language, or simply to spice it up! Customize the buttons, texts, messages, and labels of your survey.
It's best to customize this feature when you have finished creating your questionnaire. While you are adding features and options, more labels may appear in this list, so you may as well wait until you're done!
Go to the Extra options tab and then click Labels and messages.
Here are some of the common labels and messages that you can change:
- Next & Complete - text of the button to move to the next screen or complete the questionnaire
- View correct answer labels- if you have quiz questions, this is the text of the buttons when respondents can choose to see the correct answers when they have finished.
- Not applicable - if you turn on a Not applicable option, this is the text that will be shown.
- Mandatory labels - the messages respondents will see if you have made a question mandatory and they have not completed it as required.
- Min. and max. setting labels - when a question is mandatory and multiple-choice, this is what will be shown to respondents to let them know how many answers they need to select.
- General questionnaire labels - these are general messages that may be shown to respondents, while the questionnaire is loading or when it has been made inactive.
If you leave a label or message box empty, it won't be displayed on your questionnaire.
Don't forget to Save any changes you've made.
If you are using the multiple languages feature, you will find a labels and messages category at the multiple language tab also, where you can translate your current labels and buttons.
- Use Question grouping & Question blocks: You might want to show more than one question on the screen to make your questionnaire seem shorter. Question grouping is just what you need! You can also activate or de-activate all questions in the question block with one click of a button.
- Save per question feature allows your respondent to return and complete the questionnaire in case he closes his browser. The feature insures the answers to the questionnaire are saved. You can also turn on the Save and continue feature to let your respondents come back to the survey.
Question logic is a highly effective way to improve the flow of your questionnaire and tailor it to make it relevant to respondents. It allows you to specify which question to go to or go to the end of the questionnaire, based on the answer to a preceding question, quiz score, or contact data. Alternatively, you can decide to show or hide certain questions based on the criteria you set.