The text editor allows you to make your text more interesting by changing the font, color, size, adding emoticons and variables to personalize questions. It also allows you adjust your content with HTML. What you adjust in the survey tool is what you will see in the survey itself.
Use the text editor icons to liven up your questions, email invites, and outcome content. Here's the range of icons you'll see:
This guide will teach you:
1. Text decoration
- These three buttons are the standard buttons to make the content you've selected (highlighted) bold or italic and to underline that part of the text.
- The first button lets you choose the font color and the background color (the color behind your content). The second button indicates the font size. Click to access the menu of font sizes, from extra small to extra large.
2. Text Alignment
- Click the alignment icon to choose how your content should be aligned (left, right, centered, or justified).
- These two icons allow you to create an ordered or unordered list. Click on the first icon to number each new line. To replace the numbers with alpha, Greek or Roman characters, just click on the arrow for all of the options. The second icon will place a bullet point at the beginning of each line. Click on the arrow that appears next to the icon to change to a different shape.
3. Media and Variables
- Use the first button to add a link to the selected (highlighted) word(s). The second button allows you to upload an image. The third button allows you to insert a YouTube or Vimeo video. Note that the Videos will not work in offline mode.
- Variables - (piping variables) When you click this button, you'll see a drop-down list of variables that you can choose to include, such as previous answers, respondent data, content from other questions, or scores. Use variables to personalize the question for respondents to make your questionnaire more engaging. For example, you could add the respondent's first name - you'll find this field towards the bottom of the drop-down list.
- The smiley button gives you a range of emoticons you can choose to add.
4. Extra options
- Use the first button to clear the formatting of the text. You might want to use this when you have copied your text from another document.
- Click the <> for the code view. Now you can view the HTML code, and edit it as you wish. (Enterprise plan & ReportR plan only!)
- The arrow icon will make the text editor full screen and larger.