Functionalities for GDPR compliant questionnaires are active in the tool as of May 16, 2018. Read about a number of features that our software has to ensure that your survey will comply with the GDPR.
Need a quick first insight into whether or not your questionnaires are ready for the GDPR? Take this 1-minute quiz.
This guide will teach you:
1. Updates to safeguard the data of your respondents
- Data collection features: IP address & user agent are default on “nocollect”.
You are still able to switch these on in the software. But, especially if your respondents are EU citizens we advise you to acquire consent from your respondents.
Keep in mind that this data was collected automatically for all questionnaires before the update. So you might want to delete this information from your existing CSV or Excel reports.
- Automatically add an “unsubscribe” link in your email invitations
Just like with a regular newsletter or email campaign, a respondent might not want to receive your email invitations anymore. In that case, they need the option to "unsubscribe" from any further invitations or communication.
You are required to add such an "unsubscribe link" in your email invitations and can now easily do so by selecting the correct variable from the variable list of your email invitation.
- Anonymising responses
This is the possibility to delete a contact's personal data without deleting their responses.
Go to My Contacts, select the contacts you wish to anonymized, and select "Delete" under "More".
The collected responses of that contact will remain intact.
- Deleting responses
The possibility to delete responses one by one or all at once.
Go to Responses in your Reporting and select the separate responses you wish to delete. Then hit the button "delete selected responses".
Your other collected responses will remain intact unless you choose to delete them all.
- Deleting entire questionnaires
The possibility to delete the entire questionnaire and all its collected responses.
Simply go to your dashboard where you can see the overview of all your surveys. Select the three dots of the survey you wish to remove and select "Delete".
This will remove your entire survey and all its collected responses.
- The right to access the collected data
GDPR enforces the fact that every respondent should be able to access and read their data in readable formats.
You can provide a respondent that requests this information with a PDF by going to Responses and downloading the PDF for that specific person.
2. Updates to safeguard your own personal data
We make use of your personal data to operate and improve our services. This data will not be shared with 3rd parties unless legally required.
Delete your Pointerpro account: The option to delete your user account and everything connected to it has undergone a small update. Your “deleted data” will be stored for a maximum of 30 days (to be able to recover it) after which it is deleted permanently.
- Read the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) basics: The most important GDPR principles, Data Controlling, Data Processing, but also what consequences can you face for not being GDPR compliant.
- Discover what updates were made in the Pointerpro tool to make the software and your questionnaires GDPR proof: Data collection features: IP address & user agent are default on “nocollect”, Automatically add an “unsubscribe” link in your email invitations, Anonymising responses and more.
- Learn how to make a GDPR compliant survey on our blog: When you’re using Pointerpro, you’re collecting and processing data. If that data can be used to identify an individual, it’s wise to make a few small updates in your questionnaires.