With the introduction of GDPR in May 2018, Pointerpro has added two options to help you control the data that is gathered automatically when respondents complete the questionnaire.
By default, the IP address and User Agent data are set not to collect the data, but you can easily change that! In this guide we'll discuss the following:
1. Data collection options
Head to the Extra Options tab. Scroll down to Other options and click Data collection options and you'll be able to toggle the two buttons to start collecting the data you require.
- Collect the IP address will collect additional information that helps identify a respondent’s computer using the Internet Protocol to communicate over a network.
- Collect the User Agent collects data to allow you to identify what type of browser and device the respondent is using.
If your respondents are EU citizens, make sure to inform respondents at the beginning of the questionnaire that you are collecting this information.
2. What's next?
- GDPR basics - The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is designed to harmonize data privacy laws across Europe, protect and empower all EU citizens' data privacy, and reshape the way organizations across the region approach data privacy. Read more about it.
- Functionalities to make your questionnaires compliant - Read more about the available functionalities on Pointerpro to make your questionnaire compliant.
- How GDPR impacts your questionnaires - Read more about what impact GDPR has on your surveys and how you can comply.