Intro Fields are used to collect demographic data such as name, email, job title, and so on and you can add them at your Intro screen. This is a quick way to gather all information on one screen at the beginning of the questionnaire rather than having respondents answer each question on a separate screen.
When you're viewing Results by Respondents, those data will be shown as columns in the table allowing you to quickly look through and find a particular result.
This guide will teach you:
1. Show your Intro screen
First you'll want to make sure that you've set your Intro screen to be visible- toggle the button circled below. Click Add a field and choose from the dropdown list the format you want to add.
2. Edit your Intro fields
- Choose the format you want - click and you'll see a dropdown of six options: email, date, number, dropdown and opt-in. You can add multiple times the same type or combine different ones.
- Type the question text here. What do you want to know from respondents?
- Mandatory - toggle the button to require respondents to answer this before moving on.
- Add a field - click here to add more Intro fields and repeat the steps above.
You can pre-fill any of the Intro fields and send a personalized link to the respondent. Learn how to pre-fill the fields.
- Edit Design Settings to customize your survey's design to match your company colors and identity. There are loads of different features for you to play around with. Each one works independently, so choose as many or as few as you fancy to customize your design!
- The final screen aims to give a final message to your respondents, thank them for participating, give further instructions or leave some extra information. This the also the page where you can add your social media icons to enable your respondents to like or share your survey, your Facebook page or website.
- Change the title and link of your survey to something that is more meaningful for your project. The questionnaire title is the name you can give to your questionnaire to help define its focus. The questionnaire link is the URL through which you can share your questionnaire with others.