Add a Formula Ranking Table to display the scores of your respondents on your quiz or surveys and give them an immediate feedback with their score ranked from highest to lowest.
You may have made a personality assessment, work-style assessment, or any other type of assessment and you want to give your respondents a feedback to show their strongest area. You can add the Table variable to your final screen and have all the work done for you in an instant! Here's an example of how it could look:
Are you wondering how to get started with building your own assessments with personalized feedback? Try our onboarding cookbook: a tool that provides you with a personalized cookbook of all the information and Pointerpro features to build what you need. Start the assessment
This guide will teach you:
1. Set up custom score
Using custom scoring to build a formula ranking table when each question is assessing a different category. Let's say you have an assessment measuring both IQ and EQ (Cognitive and Emotional Intelligence). We'll make an example of an assessment that has four questions. Q1 and Q2 measure IQ and Q3 and Q4 measure EQ. Now you want to set up a ranking table to show how respondents rate for IQ and EQ and which one is higher.
Now you'll be able to give each answer a custom score. These scores will be used in the calculations of the formulas.
Go through each of your questions and assign the score that you wish for the different answers.
2. Create formulas
You can find the Formulas in the Extra Options tab.
In our assessment example of IQ and EQ, we need to create two formulas, one for IQ and one for EQ. As we mentioned, Q1 and Q2 are measuring IQ, so we want to take the custom score for the answers to each of those questions for the IQ formula. The EQ formula will add the custom scores of Q3 and Q4.
In the formulas section, here are the steps to follow to add the variables:
- Click Variables and select the custom scores you want to be counted for each score from the drop-down menu. In our example, we'll create the IQ formula by calculating *|q1_custom_score|*+*|q2_custom_score|*
- Create a formula for each score you want to calculate by repeating step 1. In our example, the EQ formula will be *|q3_custom_score|*+*|q4_custom_score|*
- Once you are finished, make sure to click apply to save all your changes
3. Set up a Formula Ranking Table
Now let's see how to include these calculations in the final screen where your respondents can view their score. Head right back to the Questions tab and scroll down to find Final screen. Type your text for the final screen and simply add the variable Formula Result Ranking Table which appears right at the bottom of the list of Variables. Adding this variable will make a table appear on the final screen showing the results listed with the highest score displayed first.
It's a good idea to add some text underneath the variable to explain to the respondent how to understand the scores they will see. Just type your text in the Final message box once you've added the variable. Make sure to Save changes and you're done!
- Question Block Custom Score Table shows your respondents how they scored in an assessment based on the Question Blocks you have created. It is a way to show your respondents in which areas they excel and which areas need improvement.