Limit the responses of your questionnaire feature allows you to control the number of the respondents that are taking your survey. There are two ways to prevent the same respondent completing your survey twice, set restrictions per device or per contact.
This guide will teach you:
- Limit your responses per device
- Limit your responses per contact
- Hard Response Limit
- Limit access to questionnaire URL with embedded questionnaire
You'll find the options in the Share tab.
1. Limit your responses per device
This feature will place a cookie on the respondent's browser so that they can only complete the survey once. If they really want to, they will still be able to use a different device to do the survey again.
2. Limit your responses per contact
Limit your responses per contact is available for Enterprise and ReportR plan.
You’ll send each contact a personal link to the survey, which contains their UID (you can create this after uploading the contacts in My Contacts). If a respondent returns for a second try (even if it’s on a different browser or device), they will only see the Final screen of your survey. The feature checks the UID of the link with the contacts you’ve added and therefore knows who has already taken the questionnaire.
When you turn on Limit your responses per contact, you can determine how many times each contact can enter the questionnaire.
Send out the survey link to your contacts and include the UID of the specific respondent into each link. You can add “?rid=UID_123” to the link. The 123 is the number of the respondent that will be variable.
3. Hard Response Limit
Hard Response Limit is available for Enterprise and ReportR plan.
When the maximum number is reached, the survey will not be accessible. When you have turned on set a hard response limit on the questionnaire, you will be able to specify the number of people that you want to allow to complete your survey.
Be aware that since the check is done on our server, limiting responses (per device, contact, or hard limit) is not available in offline mode.
4. Limit access to questionnaire URL with embedded questionnaire
If you have embedded your survey and you would like your respondents to have access only to the embedded survey and not to any other survey links, then you would have to enable the "limit access to questionnaire URL" feature.
Once you activate it, a new field will appear where you would have to enter the exact URL where your embedded survey can be found, for example https://yourdomain/survey.
The "limit access to questionnaire URL" feature only works with the embed script and not with the iframe.
- To track your survey respondents you can add intro fields to your survey. This way, if you have users accessing your survey from a few different sources, for example Facebook, LinkedIn, and your company website, you will know which medium they used to access it.
- The results dashboard is the page showing all results collected from your survey. You can customize your results dashboard by choosing different filters such as date, specific questions and answers you want to see, add gauge charts and more.
- Download your results: When you've collected your results and are ready to download them, there are different download options available - either a bulk download of survey results or choose to download files relating to individual answers.