Zapier integration feature allows you to connect your existing company's Zapier account with Pointerpro. Zapier is a tool that enables the transfer of data from one web app to another one. Set up a Zap workflow to connect different apps, using a specified event as the trigger for starting the workflow.
You can use Zapier with a free plan for 5 zaps, then you would need a paid subscription. You can find the plans and pricing here.
You can send the data collected within your survey to create contacts or send data to apps such as Google Sheets, Mailchimp, Salesforce, Trello, and many more. For example, transfer email addresses collected in a survey to a Mailchimp email list.
This guide will teach you:
- Turn on integration in your questionnaire
- Create your connection or Zap
- Linking a specific survey to a Zap
- What should occur after a new survey response
- App returned 'unauthenticated error
If your survey has 50 or more questions, we recommend using Integromat instead of Zapier because Zapier has a limitation of 1000 available variable fields. In case your survey has more than 50 questions, the limit of 1000 fields can be reached.
Before you can get started with Zapier, you have to create your survey. Once you've done that and have collected one response, you can continue with the integration.
1. Turn on integration in your questionnaire
In the Extra Options tab, scroll down to Integrations and click Zapier. Toggle to the button to activate it.
Make sure that you have already collected a new response (not on preview mode) so that it can be used as test data when you connect your questionnaire to Zapier. After you have made this connection you can delete this response if you wish.
2. Create your connection or Zap
Log in to Zapier or create an account if you don't have one already. Click Make a Zap! at the top of the page.
Type to search for Pointerpro from the list of apps. The trigger will be New Survey Response. Click Continue.
Click Sign in to Pointerpro. You'll now be asked to log in and authorize access to your Pointerpro account. Click Authorize and then continue.
3. Linking a specific survey to a Zap
Next, we need to select which survey will be the trigger to an event.
- Click on the arrow to access all surveys in Pointerpro for which you have activated the Zapier connection.
- Choose the required survey.
- Click Test & Review to allow Zapier to test the connection.
- Once it has pulled up a response, click Done Editing so you can move to the next stage, of setting up the event.
4. What should occur after a new survey response
You can choose from dozens of apps to create the event that will occur after a trigger. We'll focus on how you can set up an event to occur in Pointerpro that will create a new contact.
- Click the Pointerpro icon or type to search for Pointerpro from the list of apps.
- Click Continue.
- Click the drop-down arrow to choose your Pointerpro account and click Continue.
- Now you need to specify where the data to fill the contact data fields should be taken from. Click the icon in the right corner of each contact field, and select the variable from the drop-down list. If you have asked respondents for their first name in question 1, then you'll need to select Question 1 Response Text in the First Name field.
- Click Continue.
You can test the settings that you've set up, by clicking Test & Review or Test & Continue (recommended). If you want to skip this step, just click Skip Test.
Your Zap is ready to go. Toggle the button at the bottom of the screen to turn it on when you're ready.
Note that when you activate the Zapier connection in Pointerpro, you'll see a list of possible zaps that you can set up. You could choose to use this Zap and follow through with the instructions above to set an event to occur after a new response is received.
Make sure to click Save changes when you're done!
5. App returned 'unauthenticated' error
If an error like this appears, make sure to relink your Pointerpro account with Zapier.
- Integromat allows you to automate many processes and simplifies the transfer of information between apps, saving you bags of time! Integromat offers similar features to Zapier but is more powerful as you can set a single event to trigger a number of different actions to be taken simultaneously.
- External fields allow you to pull in data from external data sources, such as a spreadsheet. This is useful if you want to read data from an external data source, for example, cell values from a Google sheet, use these values in variable data in the PDF report, or a more advanced use would be to use the Google sheet as a bi-directional database, whereby the same survey will also send data to the Google Sheet. This would allow the benchmark cell value referenced to be adjusted automatically as new responses are received.
- Google Tag Manager is a tag system that can be used for tracking and analytics on websites. It can be used to track respondents' behavior in your survey or to find out how effective an advert promoting your survey has been.