Facebook Pixel is tool that helps you analyze the actions people are taking on your website. Use Facebook Pixel with Pointerpro to find out how many people entered the survey via the Facebook ad, including how many started and completed the survey.
Facebook Pixel does not tell you drop-outs (how many people started but did not complete).
This guide will teach you:
1. Activate Facebook Pixel
Go to the Extra Options tab, scroll down, click Facebook Pixel and toggle the button to activate it.
Read Facebook's help guide to learn how to set up Facebook Pixel ID (or Key) for your website. Once it's set up, copy the Facebook Pixel ID only, not the entire "pixel code" into the box.
Apple has announced changes for iOS 14.5 that will require all apps in the App Store to display a prompt to users of iOS 14.5 and above in accordance with Apple's App Tracking Transparency framework. These changes affect how Facebook receives and processes conversion events from tools such as the Facebook pixel. Read more on how to set this up for iOS 14 here.
Now that this is active on the survey, a 'lead' track event will be sent at completion. Watch that data start rolling in!
By default, we trigger the following events.
- A default pageview event is send when a questionnaire is accessed
- An "sa_survey_start" event is send when the first slide of the questionnaire is visible
- An "sa_survey_question_answered" event is send each time an answer is selected on a question (see help documentation for which question types this applies to)
- An "sa_survey_complete" event is send upon successfully completing a questionnaire
Note that to have a more accurate representation of where a user drops off, it is advised to enable the mandatory question option, as long as the questions on the survey are either:
- Text choice (single choice)
- Image choice (single choice)
- Range slider (text)
Otherwise, if you make use of different question types, we recommend to use the save per question.
- Integromat allows you to automate many processes and simplifies the transfer of information between apps, saving you bags of time! Integromat offers similar features to Zapier but is more powerful as you can set a single event to trigger a number of different actions to be taken simultaneously.
- External fields allow you to pull in data from external data sources, such as a spreadsheet. This is useful if you want to read data from an external data source, for example, cell values from a Google sheet, use these values in variable data in the PDF report, or a more advanced use would be to use the Google sheet as a bi-directional database, whereby the same survey will also send data to the Google Sheet. This would allow the benchmark cell value referenced to be adjusted automatically as new responses are received.
- Google Tag Manager is a tag system that can be used for tracking and analytics on websites. It can be used to track respondents' behavior in your survey or to find out how effective an advert promoting your survey has been.