Cloud SQL Integration allows data to be transferred between survey responses and your SQL databases for advanced data analysis.
What are the benefits of this integration?
- You can replicate survey response data to a Google-managed Cloud SQL database. From there, you can integrate your database with many other applications.
- It allows you to create a dashboard in Google Data Studio (Free application) that can compare multiple surveys at once.
- You can use this database as a data source for data analysis BI tools (such as Google Data Studio) if you want to have a more extensive overview of the results.
- It allows you to have an enriched network of data sources.
Read Google's Cloud SQL guide to learn about even more benefits!
This guide will teach you:
1. Create instance
You'll first need to create a Cloud SQL instance - click Create instance.
Next, choose your database engine. Click MySQL on the left.
Now complete the fields for instance ID and a root password (needed to get access to your database). Here you can also select the Region and time zone.
2. Create database
The next step is to create a database. Click the blue button Create database and set the character set as utf8mb4 rather than the default option. Now click Create.
Head over to IAM & admin settings and click on +Add (in the middle of the screen).
Add a new member email@example.com and select Cloud SQL Client as the role.
3. Connect database
It's now time to connect your database with Pointerpro. Copy the instance ID which you'll find on the Overview page.
Now go to Pointerpro and click on the Extra Options tab of your survey. Now scroll down to find the Integrations option in the Other options section.
Choose the integration Cloud SQL on the left-hand side. Toggle to enable this integration and paste the instance ID which you copied + fill in the Database name, Username, and Database password.
You're now all set up and ready to configure Google Data studio with SQL source.
- Google Tag Manager is a tag system that can be used for tracking and analytics on websites. It can be used to track respondents' behavior in your survey or to find out how effective an advert promoting your survey has been.
- Zapier is a tool that enables the transfer of data from one web app to another one. By using Zapier in combination with Pointerpro, you can send the data collected within your survey to create contacts in Pointerpro or send data to apps such as Mailchimp, Salesforce, Trello, and many more. For example, to transfer email addresses collected in a survey to a Mailchimp email list.
- Integromat allows you to automate many processes and simplifies the transfer of information between apps, saving you bags of time! Integromat offers similar features to Zapier but is more powerful as you can set a single event to trigger a number of different actions to be taken simultaneously.