Integromat integration allows you to automate many processes and simplifies the transfer of information between apps. It offers similar features to Zapier but is more powerful as you can set a single event to trigger a number of different actions to be taken simultaneously.
There are loads of different actions that can be executed by this tool when you receive a new survey response - integrate with Google Sheets, Twilio, WooCommerce, Mailchimp, Dropbox, and many more.
As there are a lot of integrations possible, we will go through the basics using an example scenario so that a new survey response received will add a row to a Google Sheet and also create a list in Trello.
This guide will teach you:
- Activating the Integromat Connection
- Creating the Survey Pointerpro Scenario
- Linking a specific survey to the scenario
- What should occur after the trigger event
1. Activating the Integromat Connection
Let's start by heading to the Extra Options tab and scrolling down for Integrations.
Click on Integromat and toggle the button to activate it. Then click Save changes to your survey.
2. Creating the Pointerpro Scenario
- On the Dashboard page, click create a new scenario.
- Type to search for Pointerpro from the list of apps.
- Click Continue, and you'll be taken to the "canvas" to create the scenario.
- Click on the large question mark and choose Pointerpro as the first module.
- Now click Watch Response event as the trigger for an action to be taken when a new response is received.
Here is an example of the steps:
Now that you've set up the first module, let's see how to connect it to your specific survey.
- Click on the Pointerpro icon.
- Click Add to create a webhook to Pointerpro.
- Then click Add to add a connection to allow the connection with Pointerpro.
- A box to Create a connection will appear. Click Continue.
- Click Authorize to allow access to Pointerpro.
3. Linking a specific survey to the scenario
The final step is to provide the Survey URL. This is the survey link suffix that you'll find at the top of your questionnaire in the Pointerpro editor. Copy the link suffix.
Head right back to your scenario, and click Search URL and paste the link suffix into the box. Click OK, then Save.
If you have not enabled the Integromat connection in your survey, you will get an error "No matches found." Go back to the Extra Options of your survey and activate the connection as explained in before.
4. What should occur after the trigger event
Now you can add a module to specify what should happen after the trigger of a new response. There are over 200 apps that can be integrated with Pointerpro - why not check out the other integrations?
We'll just run through a couple of integrations. Click the + sign to add another module.
To create a scenario where a new response triggers a column added to Google Sheets, search for Google Sheets in the list of apps and choose which action you want to take. In this example, we will choose Add a row. Allow the tool to make a connection, and it can then access your Google account. Choose your spreadsheet from the drop-down list. For more detailed information, read this guide to Google Sheets.
Another action that you can set is to have a new response trigger a contact added to your Pointerpro account.
Select Pointerpro as the next module and click Create a contact.
Now select where the data should be taken from to fill in the contact fields. Just drag the relevant variable from the list on the right-hand side to the corresponding field of the contact data. For example, if you asked for the respondent's email address in question 1, scroll down the list to find this variable and drag it over to the email address field.
A really useful feature of this tool is the routers you can add to your scenario so that a few actions can take place after a new response event. For example, the scenario below shows a new column being added to Google Sheets and a task added to a Trello board.
By default, Integromat integration loads a sample response. If you want to link the variable to your survey integration then you should collect a new response after the integration was set up. Go back to Integromat and adjust the trigger, now all variables from the survey should be populated.
For full details about using routers, read this router guide.