Image Upload question type allows respondents to answer your question by uploading an image file or taking a picture. It's perfect to get a realistic view of what the respondent does with your product. By adding this type of question, the respondent can add or take a picture at that particular moment. This picture will be uploaded into the survey.
When respondents click the button Take a picture, this will open their library so that the respondents can upload their picture. On mobile devices, the respondents can choose to take a picture instead.
This guide will teach you:
1. Add an Image Upload Question
In the Questions tab, click the button + Questions. Now choose Image Upload and click Add.
2. Change the general question settings
- Hide/show the question settings.
- Change the question order.
- Change question type.
- Make the question active/inactive.
- Lock/unlock the question to be edited by other team members.
- Copy, Delete, or Preview that particular question.
3. Edit the question
- Add your question here. Want to make your text bold, italic, or your favorite color? Learn about the other rich text editor icons.
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The file needs to be under 2MB. To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after you've clicked the Add YouTube video button.
- Make the question mandatory - toggle the button to require respondents to answer the question before moving to the next question.
- You can toggle the button so that a Not applicable option will be automatically added.
- If you want to ask respondents to leave a comment, toggle to turn on add a text box to specify or leave an extra comment and a box will appear underneath your question.
To change the label of the Upload Image button and text of upload status messages, you'll need to go to the Extra options tab and click Labels and messages at the top of the list of options.
Some ideas of when you can use this question type:
- Great for photo contests – it’s an easy way to gather respondents’ photos
- Ask the customer to take a photo of how they have used their product
- If you’re looking to create a product that fulfills a particular need, ask for a photo showing what is needed
- Create a competition and ask users to upload photos of themselves next to your shop or product
- Image Choice is used when you ask a multiple choice question and present the possible answers to your respondent by using images or GIFs. Photos in your questionnaire allow you to connect with your audience on a more emotional level and it’s proven that people often respond better to a picture.
- Rating questions are question types that ask a respondent to rate a product or service. There a lot of different formats you can use, like Star, Emoji, or Smiley ranking. This question type is used to get a clear view of how well you're doing, or how much someone likes your product, service, or business.
Text Only allows you to add a screen or slide with only text (and a media file) in your questionnaire. It will add interaction and personality to your questionnaire because instead of only asking for information, you have the opportunity to give information as well. It helps to create a dialogue and make your questionnaire feel interactive.