A Slot Machine question is used to give away incentives in an entertaining way or just as a fun break in a long survey to lower the drop rate.
The drop-out rate is the percentage of respondents who do not complete a survey. They may lose interest, the survey may be too long or poorly designed. Check out loads of ideas and tips to reduce your drop-out rate.
A sure way to make your survey more exciting and break up the monotony is by using this question type:
This guide will teach you:
- Add a slot machine question
- Change the general question settings
- Edit the message
- Change the winning and playing settings
1. Add a Slot Machine question
In the Questions tab, click the button ? Questions or widgets. Scroll down to the widgets and select Slot Machine. Click Add question.
2. Change the general question settings
- Hide/show the question settings.
- Change the question order.
- Change question type.
- Make the question active/inactive.
- Lock/unlock the question to be edited by other team members.
- Copy, Delete or Preview that particular question.
3. Edit the message
- Write your message here. Use the rich text editor icons to change the text to bold, italics, or use your company's colors and change the font size.
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The file needs to be under 2MB. To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after you've clicked the Add YouTube video button.
- Make the question mandatory - turn this on to require the respondent to interact with this question before moving to the next one.
- Add a question tag - turn this feature to add a tag to your question that you can reference in your survey or PDF.
4. Change the winning and playing settings
If you don't want to give away too many prizes, here's where you can adjust the probability of winning.
- Probability to win - Enter the probability a respondent has to win.
- Limit number of times the respondent can play - Toggle this button to the right to add a limit. Then determine how many times a respondent gets to try and play.
You can change the Play label and Win and Lost messages by heading over to Labels and messages in Extra Options.
- XY Drag and Drop question is a ranking question that lets you evaluate a particular set of options by dragging them along the X and Y axis, according to your preference. Let your respondents drag and drop items on an XY axis and collect the X, Y coordinates at your responses view.
- The Scratch Card is developed to give away incentives in a fun way. Fill in the percentage of respondents that can win a prize, and let the Scratch Card decide who wins. You can add it as a break in the questions because it's just fun to try it or put real incentives behind the upper layer. By adding incentives you will increase the participation rate.
- Image Choice is used when you ask a multiple choice question and present the possible answers to your respondent by using images or GIFs. Photos in your questionnaire allow you to connect with your audience on a more emotional level and it’s proven that people often respond better to a picture.