A number slider is a type of rating question. Rating questions are used to get a clear view of how well you're doing or how someone likes your product, service, or business. Instead of vague assumptions, you get an exact score on a scale that you've designed.
Here's an example:
- Add a Number Slider Question
- Change the general question settings
- Edit the question
- Create the Number Slider
1. Add a Number Slider question
In the Questions tab, click the button ? Questions. Select Slider (Numbers) from the list of question types and Click Add.
2. Change the general question settings
- Hide/show the question settings.
- Change the question order.
- Change question type.
- Make the question active/inactive.
- Lock/unlock the question to be edited by other team members.
- Copy, Delete, or Preview that particular question.
3. Edit the question
- Add your question here. Use the rich text editor to make your content bold, italic, or use piping variables.
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The file needs to be under 2MB.To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after you've clicked the Add YouTube video button.
- Make the question mandatory -toggle the button to require respondents to answer the question before moving to the next question.
4. Create the number slider
- Low end value - This is the lowest value a respondent can choose.
- Low end label - This is the label for the lowest value, on the left side of the slider. Use a text label to give the values more meaning.
- High end value - This is the highest value a respondent can choose.
- High end label - This is the label for the highest value, on the right side of the slider. Add a text label to give the values more meaning.
- Start position value - This is the value of the place where the indicator button starts.
- Step - This is the value that divides the numeric slider into pieces
- Prefix/Suffix - These values will show on the left and the right of the slider button.
- Show interval - toggle this button to display the values on the slider.
- Add a 'not applicable'-answer - toggle this button and an answer option Not applicable will be automatically shown at the bottom of the answer options.
- Show the selected value - Activate this button to show the selected number right above the slider. If this feature is switched off, the indicated answer won't show on the slider and if the respondent has selected a number beside the highest or lowest of the scale, they will be unable to see which answer they selected.
- Add a text box to specify or leave an extra comment - When this button is switched on, you'll be able to add your own text to ask respondents to give more information.
- Add button to upload an extra image file - This feature allows the respondents to upload their own image files. You can use this feature to make the survey more engaging.
You need to have at least 6 values in order to be able to display the intervals.