XY Drag and Drop question is a ranking question that lets you rate a particular set of options by dragging them along the X and Y axis, according to your preference. Let your respondents drag and drop items on an XY axis and collect the X, Y coordinates in the results section of Pointerpro.
Here is an example:
You need custom permission to use this feature. Contact us to learn more.
This guide will teach you:
- Add an XY Drag and Drop question
- Change the general question settings
- Edit the question
- Complete XY answer graph
- Best-use tips
1. Add an XY Drag and Drop question
In the Questions tab, click the button +Add question. Select XY Drag and Drop and click Add.
2. Change the general question settings
- The question settings can be hidden/shown.
- The question order can be changed.
- The question type can be modified as well.
- The question can be active/inactive. With this, you chose to make the question available or not available on the questionnaire.
- Lock/unlock the question to be edited by other team members.
- To Copy, Delete, or Preview that particular question.
3. Edit the question
- Add your question here. Use the rich text editor icons
- Click Add media or Add YouTube video to upload images or videos to make your questionnaire more entertaining. The file needs to be under 2MB. To add a YouTube video, paste a YouTube link after you've clicked the Add YouTube video button.
- Make the question mandatory - toggle the button to require respondents to answer the question before moving to the next question.
- Add a question tag - turn this feature to add a tag to your question that you can reference in your survey or PDF.
4. Complete the XY answer graph
- Image label - enter a title for each image. This label will be used in the results section together with the selected coordinates.
- Click Add Image to upload your image.
- Add answer - click here to add your next answer and repeat the steps above.
- Label your X (horizontal) and Y (vertical) axis.
- Add a text box to specify or leave an extra comment - When this feature is switched on, you'll be able to add your own text to ask respondents to give more information.
5. Best-Use Tips
- Consider adding an open-ended question after this question type asking respondents to explain what motivated them to answer the way they did. The XY Drag and Drop question provides quantitative data in terms of the coordinates of where the images were placed and gathering some qualitative data explaining respondents' behavior will help give a richer picture of the topic.
- When analyzing the data collected, don't simply compare the coordinates for a single image across all answers, but also look at the way respondents placed all of the images. This will offer you some insight and a more complete picture. If they generally placed all the images around the extremities, you may want to consider their views differently to a respondent who was more moderate in his response and may have placed most images clustered together and carefully chosen one or two further along the grid.